From New York to York

Life can be ironic: within a week, I managed to be in New York, US and then in York, UK. It even took me some time to realise the odd coincidence. I must be tired.

In York, I gave a presentation at the meeting
E-Learning in Dialogue: Innovative Teaching and Learning in Philosophy and Religious Studies.
I enjoyed several of the other presentations and I was sorry to have to leave early.

The problem: an overall impression that e-learning has not advanced much since the eighties.

The solution: trying to reinvent e-learning as a way of teaching humanity to cope with the new informational agents and environments in which they spend some much time. Many people seemed to like the idea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the importance of being pedantic (series: notes to myself)

Mind the app - considerations on the ethical risks of COVID-19 apps

Call for expressions of interest: research position for a project on Digital Sovereignty and the Governance, Ethical, Legal, and Social Implications (GELSI) of digital innovation.

Il sapore della felicità condivisa

On the art of biting one's own tongue (series: notes to myself)

Gauss Professorship

The ethics of WikiLeaks

On Philosophy's envy of her four sisters (series: notes to myself)

Philosophy & Technology

Rate and Rank