Notes wrapped around a bottle with a rubber band

"And I made some notes on a sheet of yellow paper on the nature and quality of being alone. These notes would in the normal course of events have been lost as notes are always lost, but these particular notes turned up long afterward wrapped around a bottle of ketchup and secured with a rubber band."
John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley in Search of America


After ten years, I decided to re-activate this blog. I started it in 2006 and stopped it in 2010. At the time, it no longer served its purpose, which was to share news and ideas on the philosophy of information. Today, a new need to fix some thoughts in writing, and "secure them with a rubber band" means that it can be revived with a new goal: to make some notes to myself, occasionally, a bit randomly, hopefully unsystematically.


Comments

  1. Dear Prof. Floridi,

    I am currently immersing myself in your works and very glad to find out that you will be starting to write on this blog again. Earlier this year after returning from a period of solitary time in New Zealand, I happened to come across your works without being previously at all familiar with the field. I became aware right on that there perhaps be something even more philosophicaly fundamental about the concept of information in the way you expounded it than most people (including yourself perhaps?) are aware.

    As I'm not academically trained (and had no plan to be) in any field whatever, this may be just all gibberish and not worth any little attention. If however my intuition is right, I would hope to come up with some fruitful realization in the future deriving from your works.


    S.G

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mind the app - considerations on the ethical risks of COVID-19 apps

On the importance of being pedantic (series: notes to myself)

Call for expressions of interest: research position for a project on Digital Sovereignty and the Governance, Ethical, Legal, and Social Implications (GELSI) of digital innovation.

Il sapore della felicità condivisa

On the art of biting one's own tongue (series: notes to myself)

Gauss Professorship

The ethics of WikiLeaks

On Philosophy's envy of her four sisters (series: notes to myself)

Philosophy & Technology

ECAP 2008