Nishinomiya-Yukawa Memorial International Syposium: What is Life? The Next 100 Years of Yukawa's Dream

"What is life?" is not a question that Pilate asked, but it is as difficult as "what is truth?", so he might. Since Schrödinger's classic, there have been endless attempts at providing a satisfactory answer. The Nishinomiya-Yukawa Memorial International Syposium seeks to provide a multidisciplinary framework to tackle the nature of life in its many forms. It is a very worthwhile project.

Some papers will probably be too technical even for a scientifically-minded philosopher (check the program here, you may need to install Japanese fonts). I'm supposed to provide the philosophical contribution, and my talk will be on bioinformation. Schroedinger kepts apologising in his classic for not being a biologist. I shall apologise twice, for not being a physicist (or Schrödinger) either. I hope that my participation will also be a crash course in life-related issues.

Comments

  1. Hello
    I have been browsing sites with quotes, philosophy and religion and similar sites for hours now and just ran
    across yours...
    it's very nice.

    Your site visitors may well be interested in wisdom quotes, philosophy and video lectures at my site
    www.jagadguruchrisbutler.org

    I think my site matches well with the theme on your page.
    I am open to any proposition from your part.

    If you like my site please consider linking to it using the following HTML code:

    Wisdom of Jagad Guru Chris Butler
    or
    Sayings of Jagad Guru Chris Butler

    Either way thanks for reading this and keep up the great work!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On the importance of being pedantic (series: notes to myself)

Mind the app - considerations on the ethical risks of COVID-19 apps

On being mansplained (series: notes to myself)

On the art of biting one's own tongue (series: notes to myself)

The ethics of WikiLeaks

Call for Papers for American Philosophical Quarterly’s special issue on The Ethics of Artificial Intelligence

On why publishing (series: notes to myself)

On the need to be exposed and the beginning of philosophy (series: notes to myself)

ERIH Journals project: a total failure so far